Too good not to write down somewhere and here will do.
Dear friends and wonderful neighbors are moving away in a few weeks. Huge bummer.
But good for them. And we wish them well and are already planning an epic road trip.
So. Folks are planning a going away party for them and we had mentioned doing a huge bbq. I was telling hubs this at dinner and mentioned we may just get a whole pig and roast it.
Gogo had been lying quietly on the couch, minding her beeswax. Suddenly she pops up and with absolute glee shouts out "What?! We are wrestling a PIG?!" Seriously.
I tell her no, we are going to roast one and EAT it. Still obsessed with the idea of swine being at the same party as she, I am asked with unconcealed excitement if "the pig will be in a cage and can we pet it??!!" Sheesh.
Unrelated but not unimportant, we spent a few days with another batch of dear friends in Atlanta last week. We weren't inside 15 seconds and all 3 of my little people disappeared with their friends and were not heard from until dinner time. It was as if they just played together last week, no time elapsing. I love that about this family.
And while on paper, it would seem the two mommies have nada in common, in reality we are a great example of friendship to our children. Our childhoods and cultural backgrounds are totally opposite, she is younger than me by a high school career, our musical tastes are polar extremes. And yet. She is one of my best friends and it is just a huge joke on God's part that we are not living as Betty and Wilma right now, talking over the fence that separates our yards. So, even though we don't have every single thing in common, we are still tight. And that is a good lesson for my little people-you don't have to like, do, live like everyone else. And you can still be friends.
Speaking of friends. I am off on my first EVER girls weekend starting this Friday, with my Ya-Yas. My girls from 20+ years ago. My forever friends. We are going to put a good dent in the beer supplies of Nashville, catch some live music, eat well and shop. And laugh until we cry. I'm wearing waterproof mascara all weekend.
I am nervous about leaving my little people. I have never been away from all of them for more than 24 hours, and that was work related and I was right downtown Charlotte. This will be different for all of us but FUN for mom. Plus, I get to drive for 7 hours alone with my music as loud as I want. Yay me.
Water shoes arrived yesterday for my kiddos, for our trip to Jamaica-mon next week. As Walks with Purpose has been pointing out for about 2 months, "she is going to wide on horseys AND dolphins!" We shall see. But a good time will be had by all, regardless of which of God's creatures we galavant around on.
What a great summer this has been-my kids have had lots of fun trips, seen lots of cool stuff and had a great time. Kind of makes me want to homeschool. For a hot minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment