Countdown to Beach began oh, about 6 weeks ago.
We finally leave this Saturday and I could not be happier. Bonus - looks like we may run into some local friends also visiting the sand. Extra Bonus - a large body of water to escape the heat, many Blue Moons, other adults to help mind the little people.
Although the reality of that is, as Mommy, I will still be expected to chase my brood around the beach while attempting to read a book and drink beer and listen to my music. And so vacation is a bit of a misnomer but things could be worse. I could be chasing my brood around in 95 degree sun with NO large body of water and NO Blue Moons and NO family around. So, there you have it.
Speaking of sand, D informed me yesterday he was going to move to the beach when he gets big to build condos and other assorted buildings. Bonus - he will let hubs and I visit whenever we want. I adore him.
Gogo informed me the other day her fave beach is Myrtle. WHY?
We've only been there maybe twice with the kids to do rainy day things like the Ripley's Museum and the arcades. We'll have to work on this piece of her puzzle - that's like choosing PBR over Blue Moon.
Agent P, I feel certain, will remove her diaper at least once a day on the beach, attempt to eat sand, run from crabs, be knocked down by waves at least ten times a day and eat her weight in Cheez-its and popcorn.
Maybe while down there, I will buy a winning lotto ticket and we can just extend our stay for a while or 20 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment