Bubble Whisperer, Birthdays and Ships that have Sailed

D is the Bubble Whisperer, apparently.  Who knew?  We had the in-laws over this weekend for a joint birthday shindig for the girls and he amused Agent P with bubbles for quite a while.  Big Ones.




My girls are getting big.  Obviously, this makes me incredibly happy in that they both made it another year and they enjoy good health.
Obviously, this makes me sad as I do not possess any type of machinery that will allow me to shrink them down to baby size EVER AGAIN.
They were spoiled by the inlaws and had a great day.  A fantabulous Craig's List find was a very barely used Barbie Jeep for Agent P.  Although based on the 127 pictures I have, it seems D and GoGo haven't figured out that it was not a gift for them.  This morning before 8am, they all cruised my driveway with the JohnBoy and Billy show on.  Nice.



My kids are already enjoying many invites to birthday parties, sleepovers and playdates at the pool with their friends.  Friends that by and large, they have made on their own.  I have learned that just because you live close to someone or the Mommies play nice together, that doesn't guarantee any kind of real friendship for the little people.  Acquaintances?  Yes.
Already at their young ages they have seen the Ship Sail on friends they once had.  They may not realize that, just yet.
Whether it's from lack of common interest, the location of our house or maybe we just didn't cut the mustard anymore, as my dad would say - I couldn't say.  But I do know that this won't be the only time they experience that so I guess they may as well figure it out now.  Even though it makes me sad for them.  Even though it may not be fair.
But mommies have to deal with it too-we have to sort through our fellow mommy friends and assign them positions such as Preschool Parking Lot Friend, Playdate M-F Friend, or maybe jackpot Anytime Friend.  That last one is where your families are friends and you actually speak sometimes on a Saturday night, not just a random Wednesday morning.
My dad used to tell me that I would be able to count my true friends on one, maybe two hands.  I know now he is right, it just took me a long while to figure that out.  Damn late bloomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment