No, I did not really say that to any of my little people because I didn't have to. The apple is SO not far from the tree on this one.
GoGo has told me from time to time that she doesn't want me to "get old and die".
Thanks, neither do I, Toots.
She often asks how old I am and then will inquire as to whether or not "that is old, or not".
Or Not, for sure.
Seems she has inherited Mommy's propensity for tracking time and its correlation to the Grim Reaper's visit.
This girl, also like her mother, is not really a fan of green veggies. As in, they never pass her lips.
I remember as a kid being the last one at the table because I wouldn't eat the peas off my Ronald McDonald plate and scooping them in to my napkin finally because, HELLO, the Sunday night Disney movie was on and I just couldn't stand to miss a single second of it. And then of course, the napkin disintegrated with the weight of all those peas and fell apart and I watched helplessly as millions of peas (ok, maybe 23) rolled all over the dining room floor. DAMN.IT.ALL.
So the other night at dinner she has broccoli on her plate as do the rest of us and she refuses to eat it. So I tell her, "Please eat your veggies. It stresses me out when you don't eat healthy foods that will help you grow big and strong. And stress leads to premature aging".
So both she and D ask what the heck that is. So I tell them it is getting old before your time. And GoGo says in this teeny-tiny girl voice..."And getting old means you will die?"
Well if you want to take it that far then Yes, yes it does.
And do you know what? GoGo picked up a piece of the by-now-cold-broccoli and ATE IT. Or maybe nibbled it. But whatever - something green that was not a Smartie not only touched her lips, but made it on through. Hip.Hip.Hooray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment