First Day Finale

We did it. 
Two kids enjoyed/attended their first days of school.  One mommy cried only once today.  In private.  Kudos to us all.

The day absolutely flew by and I still only accomplished half of my to-do list.

I did get a work out in, folded laundry and made a bundt cake. From scratch.  I think the cake part counts for a lot, don't you?


GoGo was waving her hand as if it were on fire when the bus pulled up today.
D was busy talking to his buddy J and didn't even notice he was home.
Both appeared to have great days-GoGo couldn't get the words out quickly enough to describe her first day of kindergarten while D gave me about 10 to summarize his first day of 1st grade.

Agent P and I waited impatiently at the bus stop for them.  We missed them. 

Nono starts school 2 mornings a week after Labor Day.  Where is all of the time going??? 
Soon enough I will be crying (in private) when I drop her off at her first day of kindergarten.  Then what?
I seriously need some big-ass buttons around here...pause, rewind, and maybe fast forward. 
Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment