I am so thankful my kids can run and play like this...
I am thankful my sweet baby girl is baptized and now "official".
I am thankful I have so many memories of childhood holidays...
- the way my grandma's house would be boiling hot from the heat of the oven and the steam heat combined
- how she always made pistachio pudding with tiny marshmallows in her green tupperware jello mold
- the smell of turkey and homemade pumpkin pie from my other grandma's house
- slightly burnt chocolate chip cookies once she got too old to see what she was doing.
Both of my grandma's houses are gone in that they no longer live there and sometimes I would give anything to hear and smell the familiar again-an almost physical want that is overpowering this time of year. The further removed I am from it the more I miss it, which is true of so much in life.
I pray my kids know that feeling when they get older because that means they will have a head and heart full of memories to last.

No comments:
Post a Comment